What Kind of Web Hosting Is Right For You?
Looking at getting your business on the web or upgrading to another level of web hosting? Simply want to enter the internet space as an individual with a blog or a service to sell? Where do you start? What’s the right fit? What level of web hosting suits your needs?
We’ve put together this easy guide on determining whether Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting or Dedicated Hosting is right for you.
Shared Web Hosting
Most people choose shared web hosting to start, which, as its name indicates, means you are sharing a server with other websites. It is least expensive and lots of web hosting services compete in this space, so you have lots of options. It is usually a good place to start for individuals and small businesses that generally have less than 500 users visiting their site per day.
Many plans offer:
- Drag and drop site builders (no coding required)
- Some level of malware scanning
- Some level of free email hosting
- And, at Pair, 24/7 access to amazing, never-outsourced support
The downside? Shared hosting may be a bit slower. If you are not running a large company, it is probably just fine.
When you choose VPS hosting, ten-to-one it is because your business is growing and you are seeking next-level reliability and security for your site. Perhaps you have risen beyond the capabilities of a shared host, but are not quite ready for the expense of a dedicated server.
What is VPS?
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. A VPS is a virtual operating system that lives on a physical server and provides private (dedicated) server resources to a customer. This means you are not sharing your server, which increases both reliability and security.
Although VPS is somewhat more expensive than shared hosting, it is less expensive than dedicated servers. Plus, it is super easy to expand as your needs grow.
Pair’s VPS is fully managed, meaning that we take care of everything.
We also don’t charge upgrade or downgrade fees, so scaling to fit your needs is a cinch. You only pay the difference between your old and new VPS account prices when you upgrade and see that decrease when you downgrade. It is totally scaleable to meet with your fluctuating needs.
Plus, our VPS plans provide you with features that will help you continue to grow and never worry about the integrity of you site. You can take a look at all the details of our VPS hosting plans if you are interested, but mostly, we want to make sure that if you make the decision to move to VPS hosting, you get the REAL benefits of doing so.
- Super reliable with better performance and more uptime
- Dedicated resources, so can handle more traffic and run more apps
- Better SEO rankings (from increased site loading and speed)
- Fully managed services
- VPS hosting takes care of hardware and software malfunctions and updates
- VPS hosting provides and manages security
- More expensive
- Requires a higher level of technological expertise
Dedicated Server Hosting
With Dedicated hosting, you get a whole server to yourself, which allows you to have full control over its hardware and software. Dedicated hosting plans offer the most storage and security making them better suited for an enterprise-level web presence.
With dedicated hosting you can actually build your own server with:
- More control as sole user
- Enhanced security adapted to fit your individual business needs
- Better performance based on modifications to meet your specific requirements
Our Dedicated Hosting Service also offers:
- Guaranteed Uptime — Our generous SLA offers guarantees with respect to uptime, hardware replacement, and customer service response time.
- Outperformance — Your sites and applications stand up to the rigors of heavy traffic and constant resource demands.
- 24/7 Top-Tier Support — All Dedicated Server Hosting plans include access to our top-tier support techs and guaranteed ticket response times.
As you can see, the bigger your business, the more critical it becomes to evaluate your current web hosting plan for its ability to grow with you, keep you safe and continually perform at peak level to support your goals and clientele.
The REAL Hosting Difference
More importantly, when you are looking for a host for anything (your website, your podcast, a party even), you want someone who is there 24/7 to answer questions, solve problems, ensure security, maintain site integrity and maybe even put out some snacks
At Pair, your needs are our job and our hosting guarantees your site reliability and security 365/24/7 with REAL people who offer REAL support.
Customer service is where we shine and our customers are always satisfied. We’re still USA-based at our Pair offices in Pittsburgh and always available no matter when you need us.
Interested in switching your shared hosting service? We apply the same customer support and service to our shared plans as we do our VPS Hosting Plans and our Dedicated Service Hosting Plans. As always, our only goal is to make your experience the best in the industry!
But, regardless of whom you choose to host your site, know that YOU and YOUR BUSINESS should be the MAIN FOCUS. Don’t settle for anything less.